iPhone Game Programming – Tutorial 10 – Game Structure

You will be pleased to know that the first part of tutorial 10 is now available for viewing. It’s taken me much longer than I would have liked to get this ready, but I’m glad that at least part 1 is out.
This part of the tutorial covers the changes to the project structure I have made along with how I am managing different game scenes such as the main menu and core game scene. It also covers some of the changes I’ve made to the Image class etc.

The second part of this tutorial will be covering the game elements themselves, so basically how I am managing entities, moving the player using the accelerometer, scrolling the tilemap and handling the player colliding with blocked tiles on the tilemap. These subjects should allow you to come up with all kinds of cool ideas for your games.
I am aiming to have part 2 up before the end of the weekend.
It’s worth noting that the Tutorial 10 project which is up on the blog is actually ALL the code I have. So it includes everything I cover in Part 1 as well as everything I will be covering in Part 2. So for those who want to just dive into the code and start taking a look, feel free :o)
I mentioned a cool tool for feeding accelerometer data from the device into the iPhone Simulator and this can be found here.


Tutorial 10 (1:23:51)
Tutorial 10 Project
I hope you find it useful and please post comments and questions.

Comments