iPhone Game Programming – Tutorial 2 – Image Class

I have finally been able to upload the second tutorial on writing a game on the iPhone using OpenGL.
This Tutorial has turned out to be longer than I thought and comes in at around 1.5 hours. It covers the creation of an Image class which wraps around the Texture2D class and functions which I think would be useful in a game such as scaling, rotation and applying a colour filter and alpha etc. This image class will form the basis for the next tutorials where we will create a class for handling sprite maps, animation and bitmap fonts.
This Tutorial also gives you a quick look at some of the other classes we are going to cover in action, so not only how scaling, rotating and colours work but also animation and bitmap fonts.


Play Tutorial 2

There has been some great feedback in the forums on the first tutorial and that is much appreciated. Also people posting about issues they have spotted and providing info on how things can be done is excellent as not only does it teach me but also all those reading this blog. I’m going to investigate all the comments made and if changes are made I’ll cover them in future tutorials.
Below are links to the project as it was at the end of Tutorial 1 so if you want to follow the tutorial and add the code yourself you can, but I’ve also put a link to the project as it stands at the end of Tutorial 2 in case you just want to take that and play with it.
Tutorial 1 Project
Tutorial 2 Project
As always, if you spot anything which is wrong, have comments or suggestions then please let me know. I’m learning as I go along so I’m sure there will be mistakes but feedback will help make sure these are corrected.
I hope you find this next tutorial useful and the next one covering the Sprite Sheet Class will be available very soon.
Thanks
Mike

Comments